Music Playlist Challenge: "You Make Me Feel so Young" - Frank Sinatra

"You Make me Feel so Young" by Frank Sinatra was written by Josef Myrow in 1946 and very was popular, not to mention Sinatra's singing career began in the 40s.

So I went with forties inspiration, naturally. I'm kind of madly in love with that look right now, it's like a much lower maintenance version of the 50s and I love it. 












I never considered putting a flirty floral dress under a work jacket and THEN a belt all over it, but it's a fabulously feminine look and I will most certainly do it more often in the future then.







For makeup I used brown and gold eyeshadow with dark dark red lips (even decent lipstick never stays on my lips longer than a minute, sheesh), I did do something different with my hair today: I curled it with one of those larger barrel curling irons. I didn't think it did anything but this picture showed otherwise.

With the overcast and high shutter speed with some of my pictures, they practically came out designed for a vintage picture, see for yourself here:



Dress, Goodwill $4
Jacket, New York and Company
Belt, New York and Company
Heels, Last Chance (brand Seychelles)
Pearl Earrings, Forever 21

Remaining:
1.      Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not- Thompson Square
2.      Forever in Blue Jeans- Neil Diamond
3.      Heartbeat- The Fray
4.      Everybody Talks- Neon Trees

5.      You Make Me Feel So Young- Frank Sinatra
6.      The Cave- Mumford and Sons
7.      Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
8.      Not Over You- Gavin DeGraw
9.      Rolling in the Deep - Adele
10.     Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven
11.     Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People
12.     Skyscraper- Demi Lovato

The Blonde. A Music-Inspired fashion blogger, creative agency mad"wo"-man, pianist, violinist, guitarist, shower singer and a nerdist.

4 comments:

  1. The flower plus tweed is to die for- I'm so copying it! And LOVE the photography- you so nailed the vintage pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun idea! I love this look...I agree with the 40's. It just screams classy and feminine!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I love blazers!

    sherri
    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I checked out your blogs also and I really liked them! You guys have great taste and it's really nice to see Mormon bloggers with some really great style!

    ReplyDelete