Music Playlist Challenge Pt.2: "What you Waiting For" - Gwen Stefani

I decided to kick this one off with Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For" because I had a very specific outfit come to mind. I had a blouse with a ton of clocks on it, so how could I not use it when the song is mostly about time and taking chances now. I got inspired by the Alice in Wonderland theme in the music video as well, but I drew the inspiration from not only the quirky cutesy clothes of Alice, but also from Gwen's Queen of Hearts outfit with the tones of red.

Funny thing, I felt kind of uncomfortable throwing this on. I blame living in a conservative small college town for this one, because I knew as I threw it on I would be completely normal back home. But I felt like I was wearing tons of trendy, bold things and a little over-the-top to be honest, but looking at the pictures now, they turned out great. I'm glad I went with my intuition on this one.






Blouse, Buffalo Exchange
Skirt, Buffalo Exchange
Heels, Famous Footwear
Tights, welovecolors.com
Belt, NY&C
Hair-Scarf, Handmade


The rest:
  1. Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding
  2. White Sky - Vampire Weekend
  3. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
  4. Electric Twist - A Fine Frenzy
  5. What You Waiting For - Gwen Stefani (clean version)
  6. It's Not Unusual - Glee Cast
  7. She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
  8. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
  9. Big Black Horse and The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
  10. My Man My Moon - Feist
  11. (If You are Wondering if I Want you To) I Want You To - Weezer
  12. Deer in the Headlights - Owl City


The Blonde. A Music-Inspired fashion blogger, creative agency mad"wo"-man, pianist, violinist, guitarist, shower singer and a nerdist.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! You should go with your gut more often!

    ReplyDelete