Third Annual Music Playlist Challenge

Here we go again! My sister I Get Dressed started this two years ago where we had faced a inspiration dry spell so we challenged each other to push ourselves in a different way: create outfits based off of songs. But here's the twist: we chose each others' "playlist."

Let me tell you something: My sister may be related and presumably have some things in common, music isn't one of them. Maybe a few artists we agree on, but typically when these assignments come along I know on my end I have to go look up most of the artists because I would have never given that song a second glance had I look on my own.

So the challenge also makes me expand my taste in music a bit more and put my twist on the song. It's produced successful results before, see for yourself:

Year 1:
 


 Year 2:

This year my set of songs have been assigned as the following:

1.      Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not- Thompson Square
2.      Forever in Blue Jeans- Neil Diamond
3.      Heartbeat- The Fray
4.      Everybody Talks- Neon Trees
5.      You Make Me Feel So Young- Frank Sinatra
6.      The Cave- Mumford and Sons
7.      Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
8.      Not Over You- Gavin DeGraw
9.      Rolling in the Deep - Adele
10.     Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven
11.     Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People
12.     Skyscraper- Demi Lovato

My goal is to have them done before the month of February. So that you don't get the rest at some random time in October next year.

The Blonde. A Music-Inspired fashion blogger, creative agency mad"wo"-man, pianist, violinist, guitarist, shower singer and a nerdist.

No comments:

Post a Comment