Music Playlist Challenge: "Everybody Talks" - Neon Trees



This may be my favorite song on the list. I had so much fun prepping this outfit and doing the shoot, you can kind of tell with the end results huh? I very much was inspired by "Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees. My inspiration came from both the cover art and the lyrics of the song.


The song title "Everybody Talks" has a theme of relationship that lacks an emotional behalf due to gossip. And when I thought of the implications of gossip in this song I couldn't help think of "The Music Man" when all the women of the town make little cheeping songs during a song, so I work my bird shirt since the birds represent a form of gossip. I also have a very subtle tribute to "Neon" Trees with neon nails in the picture, if you look closely they are present. I had the impression to go for hipster pop sensual kind of vibe as well, so I definitely wanted red lips and red accents in my outfit and curly hair, like the model on their cover. Here are the next few attempts for me to have a sensual face with pouty red lips and sunglasses:





Don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job if you thought my modeling skills rocked.















Shirt, Charlotte Russe
Skirt, Goodwill
Belt, NY&C
Shoes, Famous Footwear
Camisole, Downeast Basics
Earrings, Forever 21
Glasses, Wet Seal?

What's left?

1.      Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not- Thompson Square
2.      Forever in Blue Jeans- Neil Diamond
3.      Heartbeat- The Fray
4.      Everybody Talks- Neon Trees

5.      You Make Me Feel So Young- Frank Sinatra
6.      The Cave- Mumford and Sons
7.      Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
8.      Not Over You- Gavin DeGraw
9.      Rolling in the Deep - Adele
10.     Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven
11.     Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People
12.     Skyscraper- Demi Lovato

The Blonde. A Music-Inspired fashion blogger, creative agency mad"wo"-man, pianist, violinist, guitarist, shower singer and a nerdist.

1 comment: